14 7 / 2013
CAPUTO: What do you think the difference is between a tourist and a traveler?
HEAT-MOON: I think the higher category is the traveler, in that the traveler makes a deeper penetration into the landscape and into people’s lives… I think it’s penetration of the land, and that begins by going more slowly, by listening, and by getting out from behind the windshield and looking and doing.
CAPUTO: I think a tourist is usually someone who is on a time budget. A tourist is out to see sights, usually which have been enumerated for him in a guidebook. I think there’s a deeper degree of curiosity in a traveler."
- vutrungkien86 likes this
- odepro-outdoor reblogged this from felixsalmon
- ultra-kingcherry-stuff reblogged this from felixsalmon
- ultra-kingcherry-stuff likes this
- butchtuffington likes this
- sexartandpolitics likes this
- do-over likes this
- pegobry reblogged this from felixsalmon
- rethansmith likes this
- chels likes this
- carolinablue likes this
- chartsnthings likes this
- nrvd likes this
- avanitypress reblogged this from felixsalmon
- avanitypress likes this
- macphoenix likes this
- fragmentedfictions likes this
- coco-n-pipi likes this
- s-m-i likes this
- felixsalmon posted this